Job Title: Training & Develop Specialist I
Location: Troy, MI
Looking for an Automotive Plant Training & Development Consultant in the Troy, MI area. This position is responsible for analysis, research, development and delivery of manufacturing processes and technical launch training with on-site support to OEM vehicle assembly plants in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide on-site training and support at each of the OEM vehicle assembly plants
- Instruct and consult plant process and repair personnel to improve their understanding of the vehicle and its highly intricate and interconnected systems and subsystems
- Present and demonstrate efficient and effective methods of diagnosing and correcting vehicle assembly, vehicle electrical systems and sub-system deficiencies
- Conduct root cause analysis to accurately identify the cause(s) of assembly and vehicle deficiencies
- Act as the training liaison between product/manufacturing engineering and general assembly by creating, designing and developing training materials related to vehicle assembly process, electrical harness manufacture, vehicle electrical system architectures and schematics
- Communicate and share lessons learned, developed training materials and information gathered in support of one plant project with remaining plants on a timely basis
- Analyze and identify future training needs for each of the OEM vehicle assembly plants
- Support and participate in plant launch meetings and provide training reports to management, the OEM management and OEM launch teams
- Interface with engineering, component suppliers and vendors to validate and develop training materials for the manufacturing process, vehicle and vehicle electrical sub-systems prior to the Start of Regular Production (SORP)
- Research and compile manufacturing processes and technical information to be included in training course materials, such as, but not limited to engineering schematics, work in process service information, engineering documents, engineering math data and manufacturing reports
- Minimum four years' experience as an automotive instructional designer, training developer, automotive instructor and/or manufacturing instructor
- Demonstrated knowledge of automotive systems from an advanced diagnostic perspective
- Demonstrated knowledge of OEM manufacturing tracking and reporting systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of OEM manufacturing dynamic vehicle testing systems
- Ability to develop professional training materials using pre-launch documents
- Ability to read and interpret a digital multimeter, OEM diagnostic scan tool and other automotive related diagnostic test equipment
- Ability to effectively conduct one-on-one and group presentations
- Ability to interpret early engineering level electrical schematic diagrams
- Ability to read OEM supplier electrical harness prints
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive travel flexibility. Upward of 50% travel, depending upon launch
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid Passport
- ASE certifications
- Bilingual English and Spanish, highly desired
- Automotive technical assistance center experience
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology, engineering or other related discipline
- High school diploma with eight years' experience as an automotive instructional designer, training developer, automotive instructor and/or manufacturing instructor may be considered in lieu of an Associates Degree
Working in plant areas may involve exposure to various automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges and bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and head protection. Classroom work may involve standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds on a regular basis such as automotive components and equipment, as well as papers, files, boxes, computers, etc. Less frequent requirements for moving materials weighing over 35 pounds do exist with the assistance of lifting and moving equipment, i.e., hoists and lift tables. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while working in the plant areas as well as operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website