Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Active Secret Clearance
You will be working with a dynamic team of system engineers responsible for design decisions, implementation, operations & maintenance, and cybersecurity for large complex resilient hardware and virtualized infrastructure to ensure implemented solutions meet stakeholder needs, standards, and performance requirements. You will be communicating designs and solutions to the entire technical program team and to end-customer stakeholders. You will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining multi-tenant, multi-cloud, cloud and on-prem IT infrastructure solutions to ensure the success of multiple customers across multiple programs. Essential responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the analysis, evaluation, engineering, and implementation of system improvements, optimization, and deployments.
- Develop and implement designs for large, complex multi-site data center infrastructure and virtualized environment solutions.
- Document designs, and changes to infrastructure environments including physical/logical drawings, engineering design plans, implementation plans, transition plans, test plans, and failover plans.
- Implement, test, and operate large complex data center and virtualized compute, storage, and network environments.
- Perform security updates to hardware and software to ensure the security posture across all systems implemented and managed.
- Research, prototype, and develop emerging technologies by working closely with industry partners and OEMs to implement the latest and best-in-bread capabilities to meet the customers emerging needs.
Position / Candidate Requirements
- U.S. Citizen with an Active U.S. Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- Education: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a Related Engineering Discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 – 7 Years of progressive experience.
- Required Progressive Experience:
- Experience developing and implementing hardware and software solutions for data center and virtual infrastructure technologies.
- Strong engineering experience with the following core platforms and services:
- VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Deployment and Administration
- Microsoft Windows 10 Deployment and Administration
- DNS, DFS, and DHCP
- Active Directory and defining, implementing, and maintaining Group Policy
- Microsoft SCCM with Operating System Deployment (OSD)
- Data center networking fundamentals (experience with software defined data center networks a plus.
- Data center storage fundamentals (experience with SAN protocols and NAS protocols
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Active Directory, MS SQL, RHEL, MS SharePoint, Unified Communications, etc.).
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining highly secure and reliable solutions that meet all organizational Cybersecurity and Information Assurance requirements.
- Experience performing security scans, performing system updates, and applying security configurations, e.g., DISA STIG/SRGs to system hardware and software.
- Experience with Data Center Automation and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), API management, scripting languages including PowerShell, Python, JSON, Bash, etc.
- Meet DoD 8570 IAT Level-II requirements.
- Strong Oral, Written and Presentation Skills with the ability and experience communicating directly with executive leadership.
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objectives.
- Strong MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio Skills is a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% – 50% of the time.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications (any combination of the following are advantageous)
- Experience with Hyperconverged architectures such as Cisco Hyper Flex, Nutanix, etc.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Fabric Interconnects and other similar technologies.
- Experience with Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure, e.g., Citrix ZenDesktop, and/or VMware Horizon
- Large on-premise storage engineering and administration experience with NetApp, Dell/EMC, Pure Storage, etc.
- Experience designing and deploying Collaboration Platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience designing and deploying SQL Database Infrastructure such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience engineering and implementing data center and campus area networks and security stacks.
- Experience engineering and implementing platforms and services in a software-defined network environment
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements including DISA STIG/SRGs.
- Understanding of Department of Defense standards and best practices
- Vendor certifications, VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, etc.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and MUST be able to pass drug and background checks.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website