Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Active Secret Clearance
In this role, you will design, model, configure, install, and test network infrastructures (LAN/WAN) systems for DoD, government, and private companies. You will implement and integrate network systems such as switches, routers, wireless access and bridging infrastructures, data center infrastructure, security control devices and software defined networking (SDN) technologies for on premise, cloud, and hybrid deployments within an Information System (IS). Essential responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with stakeholders and domain experts to define requirements, design, implement, and document functional multifaceted IS networks and to ensure project progress and resolve challenges as they arise.
- Researching new technologies to fully understand implementation requirements and implications for integration with other systems.
- Performing IS hardening functions and audits of existing network infrastructures including IP addressing, hosted devices, circuit loads, and traffic flows.
- Creating and supporting disaster recovery procedures and continuity of operations plans.
- Troubleshoot and debugging complex network problems and recommending operational efficiency improvements.
Minimal Position / Candidate Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship and an Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance or the Ability to be Granted one.
- A Degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field:
- MS and 1+ years of the following Progressive Experience or
- BS and 3+ years of the following Progressive Experience.
- Progressive Experience:
- Designing, implementing operating and maintaining network technologies and providing end-user support.
- Knowledge of DoD Regulations, Standards, Policies and Procedures for Information Systems (IS).
- Knowledge of DoD DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and Autodesk AutoCAD skills.
- Active Associate-Level or higher Certifications such as:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA).
- DoD IA Workforce Qualifications (DoD 8570.01-M):
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher
- A background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong oral, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills to meet deadlines, quality, and financial objectives.
- Will be Based in Stuttgart, Germany and Must be Willing/Able to Travel Extensively throughout Europe.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications (any combination of the following would be highly advantageous)
- Network switching and routing protocols and technologies.
- Enterprise core services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP, and Directory Services.
- Information system (IS) device hardware requirements to include physical space, power & cooling.
- Transmission mediums to include copper cabling (Ex. CAT5E, CAT6) and fiber cabling (Ex. OS2, OM3).
- 2+ of the following Network Operating Systems (NOS): IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS, AireOS, ASA, FTD, Junos OS, PAN-OS, or equivalent.
- 1+ of the following Operating Systems (OS): Window Server OS, Linux OS, Unix OS, or equivalent.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies.
- Specialization domains: Enterprise Infrastructure (R&S), Wireless, Data Center, Security, or Collaboration.
- Enterprise Class server hardware e.g.: Dell, HP, Cisco Systems and Workstation/desktop hardware e.g.: Dell and HP.
- Wireless infrastructure and technologies to include Controllers, APs, Mesh/Bridging, & 802.11 Channels.
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Packet Broker, Load-Balancer technologies.
- Voice & Video Collaboration infrastructure and technologies to include Call Manger/Gateway and Endpoints.
- Project management life cycle framework to include Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closure.
- Coding languages including Python and Ansible.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and MUST be able to pass drug and background checks.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website