Job ID: 391775 Admissions RN (FT Mid-shift) - Glendale Heights, IL Glendale Heights, Illinois Regular / Day Apply Now
We Are HiringAdmissions RN - Emergency Services Admin 001 - Full-Time,Day - AGH - Adventist GlenOaks Hospital - Glendale Heights, IL Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday, if census if high may need to work weekends/holidays Shift: 1:00PM – 9:30PM This role is a midshift position to work with all 3 areas for ER, Med Surg and ICU. Must be able to multitask and juggle priorities, and be able to have strong communication with patient families and also among work teams.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toCoordinates and facilitates patient admissions or transfers according to patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes. Coordinates as liaison between physician requestors for consultants and specialty consultants.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Maintains documentation of communications with physician/service referrals for legal, medical, statistical, and process improvement purposes.
- Follows up with referring entities for ease of access, marketing, evaluation and quality improvement.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2 - 5 years of RN MedSurg/ICU experience highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website