The Sr. Global Product Manager will be responsible to drive sales and profitability growth through development and execution of market driven product strategies and roadmaps, which include lifecycle management of the product line. The Sr. Product Manager will develop a deep understanding of the market including trends, applications, competitors, and customer needs. This individual will be required to utilize that market knowledge to identify growth opportunities and develop short and long-term strategies for the product line. The Sr. Product Manager will need to effectively communicate with key internal stakeholders and influence other functional teams such as sales, operations, finance and engineering. The Sr. Product Manager will be accountable for achieving annual revenue, growth, and profit targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops roadmap for product line that aligns with category and enterprise strategies.
- Develops deep understanding of market dynamics including competition, trends, and new technologies.
- Conducts regular voice of customer visits to generate new product ideas and detailed product requirements for new product line offerings.
- Provides input into the product positioning and value proposition for the product line and supports gaining alignment at the enterprise level.
- Responsible for program scope & trade-off decisions and managing through conflict resolution.
- Recommends and executes improvements to new product launch process, driving continuous improvement measured by new product development KPIs.
- Develops new product pricing strategy, leveraging value-based pricing to achieve margin expansion for product.
- Orchestrates product launch activity, coordinating product messaging, supporting sales training and marketing material creation.
- Provides input into the development, management and governance of life-cycle management processes.
- Leads and coaches’ cross-functional teams through the execution of life-cycle management processes.
- Develops life-cycle pricing strategies, leading product line pricing recommendations to drive profitable growth.
- Leads cross-functional product line team responsible for orchestrating the product line initiatives that will drive revenue & profitability improvement.
- Drives improvement of key product or product line performance metrics, leveraging 4P marketing mix.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Cross-functional leadership – ability to lead complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and functions.
- Strategic mindset with a focus on execution.
- Data analysis – ability to analyze data and recommend action based on the information.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a business partner with senior management and lead and influence others without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to use multiple IT resources (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Sharepoint) at an advanced level.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, product management, and/or business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, MBA preferred.
- Unwavering ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer).
- Up to 50% travel, mainly North America.
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits.
Apply to this job