Location: Statesville, NC
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
- This position plays a critical role in the evaluation of market conditions, pricing strategy and modeling expected market reactions to pricing.
- They will provide matrix support to the CFBU Managers when evaluating product positioning in the marketplace as necessitated.
- Additionally, they will insure the maintenance of the pricing systems and databases to meet profit goals and comply with company policies and adhere to customer agreements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with CFBU’s in evaluating and implementing price strategies for their product through proactive and reactive analysis and participation.
- Administer price changes including general customer base price increases and customer specific or tier related price changes.
- Assist CFBU in review and pricing challenges of existing prices through competitive PER price review.
- Continuously mine macroeconomic and microeconomic inputs that can be utilized by CFBU and Pricing
- Manager in the formulation of a “point of view” regarding market conditions or a specific opportunity.
- Manage material (surcharge) programs including maintaining and updating standard and customer special material rates/programs.
- Provide research assistance to CFBU on historical pricing, insights on specific products or customer groups.
- Manage competitor database
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Understanding of value based selling and pricing expertise.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Exceptional ability to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrates strategic and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use multiple IT resources (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Sharepoint) at an advanced level.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Pricing modeling, data regression modeling, statistics preferred
- Demonstrated success in modeling, price elasticity and coefficients
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred.
- B to B and B to OEM experience preferred.
- Sales experience for foundational grounding.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer).
- Domestic travel
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits.
Apply to this job