Director of Operations reporting to the COO for a specialized manufacturing company that generates $550MM in gross revenues with 2500 associates. AmesburyTruth is North America's leading service provider of engineered components, products, and solutions for the window and door industry. Our vision is to make every home and building in North America better. Our mission is to create long term value for our shareholders, customers, employees, families, suppliers and communities through innovation, empowerment and results, and providing the broadest, highest quality product portfolio in the industry.
The Director of Operations provides strong leadership to all facets of operations to ensure a safe, highly productive environment that will provide seamless customer satisfaction with a high-quality product in the following ways:
- Utilizes education, experience, and technical expertise to provide leadership and training for lean manufacturing methodology, production systems and processes, continuous improvement and leadership development.
- Manages 8 direct reports and 200+ total employees through building strong trusting relationships and applying people leadership philosophies.
- Designs, re-engineers and fine tunes manufacturing processes to increase the value added by each employee.
- Must motivate and educate the workforce to cope with change and to initiate changes which enable them to produce more without incurring additional costs.
- Has considerable latitude to organize existing production assets and people to meet production expectations and optimize costs.
Performance is measured on the manufacturing organization’s ability to meet production goals safely, with high quality and low costs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and manage plant operations including (but not limited to): Assembly; spring making; maintenance; physical plant; injection molding; warehousing; kitting/fulfillment; purchasing; customer service; and shipping.
- Lead plant activities with functional managers to ensure objectives are met in a timely and costeffective manner. Serve as primary driver to bring total satisfaction to customers and stakeholders.
- Develop manufacturing plans and budgets, in conjunction with supporting functions, relating to materials, labor, capital equipment, quality and service levels, and procedures.
- Serve as site champion for Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Production Performance, Environmental, Staffing & Training, and Budget attainment. Act as site representative for customer, supplier, and executive visits. Serve as local official regarding community relations, and compliance.
- Promote AmesburyTruth throughout the community, providing value as a key business in the region.
- Responsible for assuring prompt and effective Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Cooperate with peers in sharing best practices, shifting production capabilities, training personnel, and other related matters.
- Develop and maintain existing plant facility and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facility and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide direction for and participate in plant safety program and safety committee. Assure sufficient training and development of employees in this area. Provide direction and participate in plant ISO certifications, re-certifications, and systems maintenance, as required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan projects and people effectively and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver through analytical applications and root cause analysis.
- Organizational and team development and change agent skills required.
- Advanced mathematical aptitude.
- Communication across all levels and forums to drive the success of the team and deliver expected end results.
- Presentation of information to Executive Level Leadership relating to the State of Business of Operational Unit.
- Encouragement of teamwork and collaboration in participative environment.
- Ability to foster continuous improvement.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- BA or BS in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business Administration; MBA is preferred not required.
- Minimum 10 years manufacturing management experience in a high-volume/high-mix consumer or industrial goods environment, ideally with metals and plastics fabrication experience.
- Provided safe work environment, instilled safe operations & eliminated the causes of incidents.
- Led & supported Lean Manufacturing Concepts (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping).
- Implemented systems and developed a process driven organization.
- Supported an employee participative environment. Driven performance management principles for development & alignment with company initiatives.
- Technical capacity relating to staff knowledge, training, and experience with system operations & processes
- Performed full-cycle project management.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting (ISO 9001, Systems).
- Utilized ERP systems and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer).
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The work performed is conducted in climate-controlled and non-controlled facilities with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits, as well as areas that require Personal Protective Equipment.
Apply to this job