Provide maintenance, to building and equipment, for optimal performance to ensure that goals and targets of the company are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide planned electrical/mechanical preventive maintenance and on all plant equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair all plant equipment. Including mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Troubleshoot and view programs to PLCs
- Maintain housekeeping and 5S in assigned areas to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Follow all company safety policies and contribute to safety programs as needed
- Communicate accurately what the repairs may include: parts needed, cost, downtime necessary, estimated completion
- Maintain records of production equipment
- Assist with new equipment design and implementation
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to review and prioritize work to ensure goals and targets are met
- Ability to work with others and be a team player
- Manage and be accountable for a project from beginning to end
- Self-starter and able to manage time
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to improve overall performance of the plant through continuous improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to acquire new knowledge that helps to ensure an efficient, well run operation
- Understand and be responsible for OSHA requirements for machinery
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Prior mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and knowledge
- Basic PLC understanding, at minimum
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and schematics
- Knowledge and ability to use machine shop tools and measuring equipment. Ability to understand and use electrical
- measuring tools.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co- workers
- Electrical/ Mechanical Degree or 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Forklift and scissor lift operation necessary
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Work is conducted in a climate that is controlled. Must be able to with stand heat and cold when necessary
- Requires standing/ being on ones feet for 8-10 hours daily
- Position occasionally may be exposed to oils, fumes, dust, chemicals, moderate to high noise levels
- May require being exposed to heights
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
- Flexible hours may be required to help cover shifts when needed.
Apply to this job