Performs a variety of non-routine technical functions typically involved with the preparation of engineering models, drawings and related documentation. Responsible for the day-to-day support of engineering staff to maintain the SolidWorks PDM document management system consisting of CAD, MS Office and PDF files.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, draft, and check drawings and documentation for projects
- Design special components or modify existing components as required by customers.
- Review, interpret, and explain models and drawings.
- Verify fit, form, and function of created three dimensional models.
- Calculate component dimensions, clearances, and tolerances (GD&T).
- Review drawings to ensure compliance with established internal CAD standards
- Produce gear drive assembly layouts for standard and modified gear drive systems
- Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs by addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routings.
- Manage input data for the ERP system including, but not limited to, bills of assembly & item
- Assist with creation of Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) which pertain to product or
- process changes
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks and/or Inventor).
- SolidWorks PDM experience preferred.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Associate degree (AAS) in Mechanical, Architectural, or Civil Drafting
- 3-5 years of experience in Mechanical, Architectural or Civil Drafting preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Design or Applications in Fenestration Industry desired
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, telephone, and computer)
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25lbs on an occasional basis.
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA Limits.
Interested candidates please send your resume to email@example.com.
Apply to this job