Location: Cd. Juarez, Chih., Mexico
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
- This position will provide technical engineering interface with Design Engineers, tooling suppliers, quality assurance, purchasing, management, and shop floor personnel.
- Under the general direction of the Technican Support Manager this position is responsible for effective tool design, capital equipment selection, department layout design and manufacturing safety for the Die Cast department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create well-written product documentation, and application notes to communicate key information to production and Tool Room personnel efficiently and clearly.
- Play a key role in knowledge transfer by developing internal standards.
- Work with Design Engineering and Product Development teams to analyze product prototypes to assure the product can be manufactured.
- Personally designs and participates in the designing of tooling and equipment for the die cast and secondary operations department.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to production problems relating to die cast tooling, the die cast department and secondary operations departments, inclusive of department layout and safety practices, so that high level production is maintained.
- Develop complete tooling, equipment and part cost estimates to assure all are accurately priced.
- Develop working relationships with outside vendors so high quality tooling purchases can be made inexpensively and expeditiously.
- Recommends and communicates with outside tooling vendors for producing new die cast molds and trim dies and obtain quotes for design and construction.
- Create and communicates with outside tooling vendors for producing new die cast molds and trim dies and obtain quotes for design and construction.
- Design tools, dies, jigs fixtures and equipment completely and accurately so that equipment is available to meet production requirements.
- Assist with cross functional Engineering duties as required.
- Maintain tooling procedures, standards and specifications for easy accessibility.
- Work with production to modify tooling and equipment to optimize productivity.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD.
- Ability to present detailed project plans.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing methods, processes, flows, layout, and production equipment.
- Ability to work independently and is a strong self-starter.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills.
- TPM implementation and monitoring
- Problem analysis and problem resolution methodology at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Excellent communication and positive teamwork skills.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Education degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years of Tool Room type experience preferred.
- Experience in the Solid Works CAD system.
- Experience in the zinc die cast process, secondary operations and comprehensive knowledge of die cast tooling.
- Experience programming equipment a plus.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to travel domestically & internationally
- Bilingual Spanish & English
Apply to this job