1st shift hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm
2nd shift hours: Monday-Friday, 3:00-11:00pm with a $.75/hr shift premium
For assigned shift, works as a team in following work schedules to produce on time, quality parts. Performs various job functions, such as hanging parts in preparation for coating, removing parts after coating, material movement, and packaging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a team in hanging individual parts on various sized fixtures for placement on line by following order priority list and shop order.
- Per shop order, remove parts from fixtures after coating and place in required containers.
- Pack parts into boxes, complete associated paperwork, and load data into computer system. Remove and replace fixtures as required.
- Maintains quality and ISO standards by checking/testing product, charting results and performs a general inspection of coated parts and parts to be coated.
- Maintains accuracy and resolves discrepancies in shop orders by verifying quantity and part identification with shop order. Sort parts as needed.
- Determine whether a failure is due to a process malfunction or inferior quality of parts.
- Able to rotate between various jobs and equipment as instructed, performing material movemen setups, operation of equipment and minor preventative maintenance functions.
- Positions or move containers in various work areas as required.
- Maintains work area in a neat and clean manner to facilitate production and minimize safety hazards.
- Works safely and follows procedures/methods as required to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions of greasing, oiling, cleaning, etc. To maintain equipment as required or requested.
- Achievement of certified operator classification is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Skills/Abilities - Good dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary. Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to read shop orders and work instructions/procedures. The ability to be flexible and work cooperatively as a team player is required.
- Good interaction and communication skills are necessary.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Learning Period - One year is required to perform all aspects of the job.
- Supervision Received - Position is under regular supervision. Only exceptional tasks are checked.
- Employee receives specific instructions and selects from established methods and procedures to complete tasks.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Determine if parts meet quality and ISO standards or whether parts should be rejected. Errors in judgment may not be detected until they have caused noticeable costs in time, money and lost production.
- Relations with Others - Working as a team is necessary as well as maintaining good interpersonal skills and communication ability. Employee has daily contact with area team members, shift leaders, supervisors, and personnel from other manufacturing and support teams. The incumbent may participate in small group activities, such as task teams, safety meetings and other improvement efforts.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Equipment Operated - Process and quality testing equipment, weigh scales, computer, R&T clocks, various small hand tools and material movement equipment. Moderate care is required to prevent damage to equipment
- Working Conditions and Hazards - General working conditions are good. Exposed to hazards of machine operation and minimal exposure to fumes from coating operation. Safety equipment required consists of gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and other PPE safety devices as required. Body jewelry and rings must be post style only. Wearing of rings is not permitted at the Paint Services facility.
- Physical Effort Required - Continuous standing, visual attention and eye-hand coordination is necessary.
- Must have good dexterity and work quickly to keep up with coating line. Requires frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting. Frequent moderate to heavy lifting (40 pounds) and movement of containers. Effort is expended in pushing and pulling containers in work areas.
Apply to this job