Manage supply chain of assign products or commodities. This position is responsible for analyzing, interpreting and making independent judgements with purchases from established suppliers. The buyer is responsible for supplier delivery performance, cost to established standards tactical logistics and inventory management
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizing an integrated business system, the buyer manages supply chain of assigned products or commodities ensuring raw materials, components, subcontract services and salable product are obtained at negotiated price, lead time and specified quality.
- Maintain inventory levels of products and commodities assigned that ensures the forecasted demand/customer orders are fulfilled and business plan metrics are met
- Manage expedited replenishment of products resulting from unexpected demand, delays at the supplier and non-conforming products. Obtain reimbursement for expediting cost or expedited shipping from supplier or customer.
- Communicates details of non-conforming product with the support of engineering, quality and TSA. Pursue 8D corrective action for key issues and improvement plans for suppliers with weak or inadequate quality systems. Ensures replacement materials are obtained as need to fulfill customer commitments.
- Analyze and manage business system inputs of lot size, lead time and safety stock minimums. Change or pursue changes with business system when needed to improve service or inventory levels.
- Maintain constant communication with internal associates (Master Schedulers, Customer Service, Engineering and Inventory Manager and manufacturing) when product availabil ty and quality are at risk.
- Communicate remediation plans promptly when problems are identified and update regularly until resolved.
- Maintains a strong professional relationship with suppliers of assigned products. Communicates routinely on demand changes, project updates, opportunities for improvement and engineering changes. Pursue feedback on changes at supplier with capacity, lead time or cost.
- Analyze pricing changes and quantifies impact.
- Coordinates and schedule transportation for incoming and outgoing parts to insure uninterrupted production.
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of purchasing related experience or equivalent
- Associates degree, APICS and/or CPM certification preferred
- Scheduling work order experience is desired
- Must be able to utilize intermediate to advanced Excel skills for evaluation and reporting
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits.
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift 25-50lbs occasionally
Apply to this job