$6,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
The Unit Manager will direct the day-to-day functions of the Aides/Orderlies and nursing staff, as well as give direct nursing care to patients. This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of education programs for facility staff in accordance with current existing federal, state and local standards, and established policies and procedures of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and nursing staff.
- Give direct nursing care to patients.
- Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
- Notify physician when patient's condition warrants.
- Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of notes, reports, etc.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to policy.
- Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
- Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and document process.
- Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc.
- Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate other parties.
- Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
- Monitor and update care plans on each shift as appropriate.
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
- Monitor the facility for possible health and safety hazards.
Required Work Experience:
- Two (2) years' experience in supervision of others in a hospital, long term care facility, or other health care institution
- Graduate from an accredited school with a Nursing Degree
- Current State of Tennessee Licensure
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Supervises support staff
$6,000.00 – Paid out in equal monthly increments over 3 months of employment.
New employees only - Current employees and rehires are not eligible.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Associates degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website