About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
** 1,000 SIGN ON BONUS **
The purpose of this position is to direct the day-to-day functions of basic resident care in a manner conducive to the comfort and safety of residents, as well as give direct nursing care to residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing assistant and other staff being supervised
- Give direct nursing care to residents
- Perform various administrative duties including document of notes, assessments, etc.
- Admit, transfer and discharge resident according to policy
- Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc.
- Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate other parties
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
Required Work Experience:
- Current State of Tennessee Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license, and will attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Current State of Tennessee Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current CPR Certification
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, after-hours, and week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Supervises support staff including training, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges and assists in problem solving for staff
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Nursing: Technical/other training degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply on company website