About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
Full Time - Days (8a-5p)
The purpose of the Certified Dietary Manager is to provide direct nutrition service to patients and to prepare food in accordance with current applicable state and federal regulations, facility procedures and policies, and as may be directed by the Administrator, Dietitian and/or Food Services Director, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of the position
- Work with the facility's dietitian to implement recommended changes, assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by attending physician
- Order, prepare, and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with portion control procedures, as well as for therapeutic diets in accordance with scheduled menus and sanitary regulations
- Recognize and respond to dietary emergencies, and document observations, interventions and outcomes
- Complete forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to ensure control of equipment and supplies
- Assist with a plan of correction for dietary deficiencies noted during survey inspections
Required Work Experience:
- Three (3) years' experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Supervises department personnel
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Dietetics: Bachelors degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Dietary Manager
Apply on company website