American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
Part Time Evenings 1:00pm - 6:00pm
The Activities Assistant will assist in the organizing, implementing and evaluating activity programs in compliance with current federal, state and local standards and in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including but not limited to:
- Coordinate group and individual activities for the benefit of patients, with emphasis on their interests and needs
- Work with volunteers, families, community agencies, etc.
- Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes
- Establish and maintain community involvement and create a home-like atmosphere for patients
- Document observations and plans of action in appropriate records
- Organize, develop, implement and distribute newsletter and news articles for local newspapers
- Perform emergency procedures such as Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Facilitate the coordination of the Activities Department services and other departments to maintain quality care for patients
- Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients' personal and health care needs
- Maintain records of sensory stimulation or other type of activity and resident response
- Prepare food/beverages for patients' events
- Maintain clear and organized areas
- Inventory, identify, and monitor equipment, supplies, etc.
- Proficient Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals cognitive, emotional and psycho social impairments
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Required Work Experience:
- Experience working in a Healthcare setting preferred
- CPR Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
Apply on company website