WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
1 Commerce Valley Dr E, Thornhill, ON L3T 7X6
HYBRID:This is a hybrid role (remote & in-office) as the hiring team will require the student to come to the Markham office approximately 2 to 3 days a week. COVID-19 protocols are being strictly followed.
- This role is a 12-month position
- May 1, 2023 - April, 26 2024
About the Team
The Windows Core Software team is responsible for developing AMD's kernel-mode driver that bridges the operating system with our graphics hardware.
• Participate in development of a Windows display driver comprising over a million lines of C++ code
• Develop differentiating software features, examples include ReLive Game DVR, Enhanced Sync, AMD Advantage for MGPU, and more.
• Bring-up bleeding edge Radeon Graphics gaming and workstation products, like the 6900XT and 5700G
• Develop and verify the kernel driver features in the Emulated Hardware System, before fabrication of the GPU
• Work directly with Microsoft to introduce graphics driver support for the latest Windows operating systems
• Design, implement, debug and troubleshoot challenging driver issues
• Take part in code and design reviews
• Collaborate with various user-mode, kernel-mode, firmware and hardware teams
What's in it for you?
• 1-on-1 mentorship from day one to facilitate your personal and professional development
• Hands-on experience with next-gen GPUs and other cutting-edge hardware
• Master the art of kernel mode development and debugging
• Experience working on a large-scale C/C++ code base
In addition to the technical experience, you can -
• Take advantage of many networking opportunities in a large and diverse company
• Participate in intern-only events: gaming tournaments, road trips, pick-up sports and a lunch club.
• Enjoy the on-site cafeteria and gym
• Give back in AMD's Day of Service and other community service opportunities
• Learn and network at our uAMD training classes, AMD Mentor Talks and AMD Intern Career Days
In addition to a passion for coding, learning, and collaboration, we'd also like to see:
• Proven C++ experience
• Understanding of Object-Oriented design
• Proven debugging skills
• Good communication skills, has initiative and seeks responsibility
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of operating systems and/or computer architecture
• Experience with graphics/compute APIs: Open GL, Open CL, DirectX, Direct Compute etc.
• Experience with kernel debugging and/or driver development
• Familiarity with computer hardware
• Windows development in C/C++
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website