What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Diagnostics Release and Debug Support Engineer
The diagnostics team is responsible for developing test suites that exercise and validate the hardware blocks in the graphics ASICs developed at AMD. We are heavily involved in diagnostics development for the latest innovations in next generation graphics ASICs that provide the ultimate visual experience. Once developed, these diagnostics are used in virtually all aspects of the product lifecycle, from presilicon validation through the production life of the product.
This position requires a person that is knowledgeable in both software and hardware engineering.
- Responsible for AMD GPU diagnostics release deliveries including building, test, debug and documentations
- Participate in GPU ASIC bring-up and execution and responsible for SLT (system level test) and ASIC qualification suite release
- Develop diagnostics release script (Linux Shell, Ruby)
- Diagnostics issue debugging (Linux/Windows/Mac OS, gdb/windbg, register level debug tool) and triage for issues reported from both customers and AMD internal teams
- Work with diagnostics developer and PE (Product Engineer) to define the ASIC production test list, monitor and report the test suite readiness status.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development
- Good knowledge of Linux and C/C++ programming
- Experience with Linux shell or Perl script development
- Experience with debug tool like gdb, Linux/Windows driver development and testing experience is highly desired
- Great communication and self-leadership skills
- Experience in semiconductor industry is highly desired
- Knowledge for any of bootloader, 3D, Video encoding/decoding, PCIE, Memory, Display, PC architecture is highly desired
- B.S. or M.S. In EE or CS or equivalent
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 106981
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website