Manager, Operations Improvement
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Manager of Operations Improvement provides financial insights to operational decision makers in assigned California Region hospitals. Evaluates and analyzes hospital operating plans for all service lines in the hospital. Partners with corporate accounting, decision support, and corporate finance to ensure that hospital leadership has information necessary to make decisions. Participates in hospital operations performance improvement initiatives.
- Evaluates and analyzes (service demand analysis, resource availability analysis, and cost benefit analysis) hospital operating plans on all service lines in the hospital.
- Assists in the development of department and hospital budgets as assigned. Tracks costs/savings in bridge documents and accurately reports results.
- Partners with corporate accounting and decision support to provide all operational and financial analytics to the hospital management team. Conducts deeper dives, completes root cause analysis, and makes performance improvement recommendations. Also acts as local Laborlytics expert/superuser.
- Partners with corporate finance and decision support to ensure all routine reports, such as premium pay dashboard, registry usage, Cost of Adjusted Patient Day, are produced and distributed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides Return on Investment analysis related to staffing
- Negotiates and manages service agreements, as assigned. Works with registry vendors to ensure assigned hospitals are receiving contracted rates. Addresses all issues in a timely manner and an on an on-going basis.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree. Master's Degree of Business Administration preferred.
Minimum Experience: Experience with business analytics concepts and techniques (pivot tables, databases, queries, pro-formas). Two (2) years Finance Operations Experience (decision support/business analytics/productivity/performance metrics). Demonstrates excellent organizational skills/abilities. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner. Finance Experience in an acute care hospital.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Operations, Hospitals, Finance, Acute Care, Analytics, Corporate, Accounting, Negotiation, Business,
Apply on company website