Director, Operations Improvement
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Director, Operational Improvement is responsible for workforce management of a group of assigned hospitals to support the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of the organization. Works cross-functionally with subject matter experts and leadership to optimize the organization's daily staffing and to identify processes/areas that will enable the achievement of the organization's performance improvement goals. Responsible for management of staff, and the department's continuous effective operation, including ongoing performance improvement.
- Ensures the day to day operations of the department are completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with organizational policies and values. Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work and resolves issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner. Develops and executes on short- and long-term goals for the department consistent with established hospital/organization goals and objectives.
- Leads evaluation of and manages workforce strategies for assigned hospitals. Executes processes/plans to achieve weekly targets set forth by Corporate. Prepares labor updates and reports for viewing by Senior Executives.
- Implements standard labor management processes and reports. Ensures staffing assignments are aligned with Corporate's metrics and regulations. Participates in position control, requisition, and overall staffing process.
- Develops and maintains quality and improvement activities in the department and recommends / implements changes as appropriate. Analyzes business processes to identify potential issues or opportunities for cost savings and proposes solutions. Collaborates with leadership to identify and mitigate cost risks.
- Appropriately educates and mentors, and leads/participates in company initiatives, such as employee engagement, to support a team-oriented culture. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing and maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale. Provides guidance and support to manager/supervisor/staff as needed. Demonstrates behavior consistent with mission and core values.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree. Master's Degree of Business Administration preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of experience in health care staffing/operations with at least 2 years in a leadership role. Experience with business analytics concepts and techniques (pivot tables, databases, queries, etc). Demonstrates excellent organizational skills/abilities. Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the organization. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in staffing, scheduling, timekeeping, human resources, payroll, and/or similar or relevant work experience. Strong Microsoft Office experience with advanced knowledge of Excel. Finance Experience in an acute care hospital preferred. Clinical background/experience preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Operations, Hospitals, Finance, Acute Care, Analytics, Corporate, Accounting, Negotiation, Business, Leadership, Director, Staffing Operations.
Apply on company website