Chief Medical Officer
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Chief Medical Officer provides leadership, direction, and planning for a wide variety of medical and related activities. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Southern California Hospitals, this is a highly visible role as a member of the senior leadership team that will collaborate with Southern California hospitals and employed physicians.
- Develop a strategic quality plan at the local level.
- Work with the local team to determine key clinical business growth areas.
- Evidenced based practice-instituted, monitored and hold key physicians accountable (significant dollars here).
- Decrease variations in care.
- Mortality O/E.
- Clinical documentation.
- Care Integration-accountability.
- High reliability development across the local market.
- Develops specific physician quality target goals for employed and contracted physicians.
- CO-chairs the quality committee of the board
- Physician education.
- Adopt PMH playbook best practice in the local market.
- Communication with medical staff.
- Care coordination/local population health metrics.
- Analytics-new payment models (local; working with corporate) helps prepare the local market for pay for performance.
- Partner with Nursing and allied health to foster a culture of safety.
- Matrix relationship between case management/social work with a focus on discharge disposition.
- Physician advisor program-reduce denials/appeals, CDI, observation vs inpatient determinations.
- Approves or oversees the physician time sheets.
- Reviews all coverage schedules for services supporting the hospital including but not limited to the emergency room and in-patient consultation services.
- Keep key administrative and physician leaders apprised of quality safety issues.
- Ensure professional staff by-laws remain up to date.
- Representative on physician executive committees, P and T etc.
- Where appropriate ensure compliance with ACGME guidelines and Chairs the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
- Oversees residency programs where appropriate.
- Is a permanent member of the peer review committee.
- Is a member of the IPA board.
- Sits on the search committee for the future chairs of departments.
- Collaborate with the senior team to identify and help recruit key physicians.
- Work with the local team to address physician retention/burn-out issues.
- Work with local team to identify succession planning.
- Lives in the community.
- Active and on-going participation with IT leadership.
- Oversight of informatics.
Minimum Education: Medical Doctor (MD) active and in good standing required.
Minimum Experience: Experience CMO in a For-Profit multi-site organization, preferred. Proven success as a leader and P/L owner.Understanding of the key revenue drivers in a health system.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Board certified physician.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: CMO, Leadership, Reporting, Analytics, metrics, Healthcare Plans, hospitals
Apply on company website