Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Intake Coordinator LVN - Bellflower, Full Time (Days)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Intake Coordinator LVN, conducts essential functions under RN supervision. The Intake Coordinator LVN evaluates and arranges for the efficient and orderly intake/admission of patients. Ensures accurate patient information is collected and communicates and collaborates with patients, physicians, admitting and referring facilities. Conducts all duties in compliance with the Joint Commission, State and Federal regulatory criteria. Maintains knowledge of hospital policy and procedures. Collaborates with patient care team, referral partners, and the hospital to ensure smooth and appropriate transfers and admissions into the facility. Provides initial contact to the unit for patient and family. Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and others. Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, employees, and visitors.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), expedites and coordinates transfers and admissions from internal, as well as external facilities. Completes an intake form, review relevant records and documentation, reviews criteria for admission, completes medical clearance checklist, coordinates clinician to clinician report, contacts admitting and referring physicians as needed, coordinates appropriate placement.
- After acceptance, coordinate transportation as needed. Works with Patient Access and Nursing to ensure completion of admitting documentation and patient bed/room assignment. Verifies patient arrival to facility, follows up with referring provider to ensure smooth care continuity. As needed, supports patient access to complete all necessary intake/admission (including consent) forms accurately and thoroughly.
- Maintains professionalism while answering incoming calls and requests. Utilizes the hospital systems overhead paging system and/or escalation protocols as needed.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with key referral areas, establishes good relationship between hospital and agencies.
- Answers the prevention crisis line and provides information about hospital programs and services, bed availability and accepted insurance plans; tracks all incoming calls.
- Ensures physicians are authorized to admit patients. Appropriately refers all physicians on delinquency list to hospital administrator or designee.
- Tracks and enters necessary data to ensure operations improvement. Updates tracking documents based on operational needs.
Minimum Education: Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of LVN experience in an acute care, psychiatric or behavioral health work environment. Ability to exercise professional judgment. Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and others. Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, employees, and visitors. Basic Understanding of Medical Terminology required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Strong time management skills. Ability to multitask and maintain a work pace appropriate to workload. Computer literacy and proficiency. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Two (2) years of admitting office and/or PBX operator experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Medical Experience preferred
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a Vocational Nurse (LVN) required.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Acute Caer Hospital, Coord, Admin Clerical, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Other Administrative ServicesPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Bellflower - 9542 Artesia Boulevard
Apply on company website