ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Client Support 1
Location: ALS Environmental, Winnipeg
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
About the Position:
The Client Support 1 role specialize in providing technical support and consulting to clients in a particular industry or industries. This position will deal with all aspects of client services on a proactive and problem-solving basis.
- Adhere to ALS Client Service Guidelines as provided in the Client Service Manual and National and Local Standard Operating Procedures including Quality procedures;
- Receive and respond to client calls, e-mails and requests within timeframe outlined in the client service manual ;
- Provide information regarding analytical programs, tests, sampling, sample handling, prices and testing requirements;
- Review and approve data reports and invoices;
- Track client projects on the LIMS system and provide status updates to the lab manager or clients when requested;
- Review selected chain of custody /analytical request forms received in login;
- Prepare, issue, and follow up on quotes;
- Prepare sample bottle requests and assist in sample login;
- Maintain communication with laboratory staff on turnaround times and relay appropriate information to clients;
- Communicate information relative to customers, contracts, and status of opportunities to Lab Manager;
- Coordinate and communicate with other areas (i.e. management, other laboratories, other analytical areas) on project status and problem resolution;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook), with basic knowledge of computers;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skill is an asset;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately in a fast-paced environment;
- Well organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Analytical and process oriented, with the ability to critically think in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on varied tasks as required;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Some experience working in a fast-paced, production, and/or preparation environment;
- Some experience working with clients/customer service is an asset;
- Valid unrestricted license for personal vehicle use applicable in the province/territory;
- No major driving violations and no more than two minor violations/incidents.
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs./14 kg on a regular basis and carry for short distances;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and may require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.Apply Now
Apply on company website