Alaska Gardens Health & Rehabilitation is now accepting applications for a great Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager / Resident Care Manager (RCM) to join our family of professionals! We have an amazing team and are committed to providing quality care to our residents. If this interests you, we would love to talk with you about our amazing center. GENERAL SUMMARY
Manage the nursing care of assigned residents to maximize independence and self-direction for residents. Responsible for safety of residents under their supervision. Manages day-to-day compliance with Federal and State regulations, Center policies and procedures, and standard of practice with regard to resident care. Validates nursing staff functions within the scope of their practice and complies with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to other nursing personnel and nursing assistants, restorative nursing assistants, residents, families and physicians.
- Assesses resident needs and initiates development of individualized resident care plans.
- Reviews and updates resident care plans and CNA flow sheets as necessary and as assigned in compliance with regulations.
- Conducts interdisciplinary resident care conferences as scheduled.
- Supervises and evaluates direct resident care provided within assigned unit and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of residents as necessary and assigned by DNS. Completes corresponding documentation.
- Renders immediate assistance to residents in need.
- Supervises the timely response of call-lights within assigned unit.
- Listens to resident, family or physician complaints and initiates corrective action.
- Follow up on physician orders, lab and x-rays.
- Rounds with physicians as needed and process physician orders.
- Participates in Center educational programs such as orientation, in-service and nursing assistant education programs.
- Assists in control of supplies and equipment within the unit.
- Identifies performance concerns with supervised staff, counsels them about performance, and invokes disciplinary action if necessary.
- Completes employee evaluations.
- Complies information for Center committees as instructed, such as Weekly Skin Report and Weekly Matrix/Resident Roster.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate to the position.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Current licensure in the state of employment.
- One-year previous supervisory experience in hospital, SNF or other related medical facility preferred.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred.
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (Stock Bonus Program)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Hardship Fund
- Caring about our residents, families, employees and communities
- Excellence in service
- Treating our residents, families and employees with dignity and respect at all times
- Sound stewardship of our financial and human resources
EmpRes Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. MSponsored
Apply on company website