Opportunities in the Cardiovascular ICU AdventHealth Central Florida
At AdventHealth we believe its about more than mending whats broken and healing what hurts, its about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S. News & World Report
#1 Hospital in the State of Florida 2019
Americas Best Employers by State - Forbes
AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is the number one heart transplant group in the Southeast performing more transplants per year than any other transplant center in the Southeast with patient survival rates over 82% after 3 years. We will be opening a new 32 bed CVICU in quarter this year. We are looking for PAs and APRNs to join our growing cardiovascular critical care team. The APP would serve as a member of the cardiovascular critical care team by providing direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure.
Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life.
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- CME allowance
- Occurrence Based Malpractice
- First day health insurance with extremely low healthcare premiums
- Paid Leave days
Duties and Responsibilities:The APP would be expected to
complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital:
- Assess patients for changes in condition and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency care.
- Procedures performed but not limited to: Chest Tubes, arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, airway management, and defibrillation
- Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, VAD, MCS, and ECMO patient in the and CVICUs.
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Ability to provide in-hospital coverage on a rotating shift basis.
- Hours are either 5 AM 5 PM (Day), or 5 PM to 5 AM (night)
- 14 (12-hour) shifts required per month
- The shifts will include days, nights, two weekends per month and holiday rotation.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience as an APRN or PA in Critical Care, that are willing to learn CV side
- Masters Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification (Required)
- Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN
- Experience with transplant patients, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device, CABGs (highly preferred)
- ECMO experience (highly preferred)
- BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, certifications or eligible
Start your life-changing journey today!
Opportunities in the Cardiovascular ICU – AdventHealth Central FloridaAt AdventHealth we believe it's about more than me...
Apply on company website