Certified Nurse Midwife, WHSC
Position: Certified Nurse Midwife
Location: Stafford and Fredericksburg, Virginia
About Womens Health and Surgery Center:
Our clinicians are committed to delivering the highest quality obstetric and gynecological care in Virginia. By specializing in minimally invasive surgical techniques, our patients experience shorter recovery times and higher satisfaction with the procedure. Womens Health and Surgery Center is conveniently located in Stafford and Fredericksburg, VA. Womens Health and Surgical Center physicians have been Top-Rated by Northern Virginia Magazine every year since 2009.
We practice out of Stafford Hospital with a level 2 NICU, along with full time Laborist and in-house anesthesia support.
We are centrally located between Washington D.C. and Richmond, VA. You can experience a suburban feel near major metropolitan hubs.
We are committed to providing the most advanced and supportive contemporary healthcare for women throughout every stage of life. We bring a wide range of expertise to caring for the health needs of women of all ages, offering the latest and most complete options in birth control, comprehensive pregnancy care, and the newest treatments for menopausal symptoms.
Learn more at:www.obgynvirginia.com
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Womens Health and Surgery Center is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at:www.AdvantiaHealth.com
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Certified Nurse Midwife to join our current midwife with solid gyn experience and antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum experience that includes patients with varying medical conditions (diabetes, hypertension, etc.) We are also looking for someone that possesses a strong team spirit and a passion for birth and caring for women throughout their lifetime.
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans for patients.
- Carrying out screening tests
- Providing information, emotional support, and reassurance to patients as needed.
- Monitoring and recording patient vital signs.
- Caring for and assisting women during labor.
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections, and intravenous infusions during labor
- Monitoring the fetus during labor.
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies.
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Ensure all patient records are up to date.
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies.
- Active Virginia license as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Midwife
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- Active DEA Number
- Active NPI Number
- Live or planning to relocate within 30-minute response time to Stafford Hospital during on-call hours
- Eligible for credentialing by Mary Washington Healthcare/Stafford Hospital
- Excellent communication skills and bedside manner
- Authorized to work and practice in the United States
- Ability to work flexible hours, between office and hospital
- Previous experience in OBGYN practices and as a Certified Nurse Midwife preferred
- CPR Certification and NRP certification is preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
Consistent with our belief that our providers are our most valuable resource, Advantia & Womens Health and Surgery Center offers a competitive compensation package, health, dental, vision, 401k, CME reimbursement, paid time off, and fully paid malpractice insurance.
Certified Nurse Midwife, WHSCPosition: Certified Nurse MidwifeLocation: Stafford and Fredericksburg, Virginia...
Apply on company website