Position at Advanced Technology Services, Inc. Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under minimal supervision, develops and evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena
- Tests and calibrates controlling, indicating, and measuring instruments and devices to ensure specified operating performance, using hand tools, testing and calibrating instruments and equipment, and precision measuring instruments
- Performs complex repair and calibration of test equipment. Prepares calibration documentation in accordance with standards
- Travels to customer site for calibration, repair, and technical support when necessary.
- Reads quality control manual and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
- Selects and installs accessories, such as adapters, indicating gauges, or holding devices on test or calibration fixture, and connects instrument or device to fixture, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Sets controls to regulate factors, such as current flow, timing cycle, pressure, temperature, or vacuum, according to specifications, and activates test or calibration equipment.
- Observes readings on meters and gauges, and other displays and performance of device or instrument to identify functional defects and determine calibration requirements.
- Adjusts calibration mechanisms to obtain specified operational performance of device or instrument, using hand tools and precision measuring and calibrating instruments and equipment.
- Applies sealing compound on calibration mechanism to prevent readjustment of settings and loss of calibration.
- Rejects malfunctioning devices and routes devices to specified department for rework or salvaging of parts.
- Prepares calibration certificates and data reports.
- Processes required service report paperwork.
- Interacts with other departments and personnel to resolve any related issues.
- Locates and creates calibration procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates calibration/repair jobs.
- Assists in developing new product capabilities and standards.
- Performs necessary database maintenance.
- May disassemble instrument or device to determine cause of defective operation and notify supervisory personnel of findings.
- Participates in Service/Quality Initiative continually improves processes quantitatively monitors processes. Completes required quality core classes and uses skills and techniques presented. Uses the Core Values in work environment. Adheres to company/customer safety procedures.
- Must be a team player, organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Associates degree from a junior college or technical school and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specific calibration and metrology training as provided in a technical school/junior college or military curriculum.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, grip, or feel reach with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is also required to occasionally use a standard keyboard and computer, and occasional use of other office equipment. The employee may also be occasionally required to wear rubber gloves. The employee is regularly exposed to caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock and occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
- Medical/dental plans
- Prescription drug program
- Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You'll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
Apply on company website