Pastry Cook III
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. Your leadership, creativity and culinary skills as Pastry Cook III will guide the preparation of our Bakery's wide assortment of delicious baked goods for the enjoyment of our guests.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Prepare daily production of breads, rolls, muffins and other baked goods according to standard recipes
- Inspect product for quality and consistency during and after baking
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake
- Monitor inventory of supplies and order stock based on daily and weekly requirements
- Complete production sheets needed for the daily operation
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the Bake Shop
- Follow Kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a Bakery required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent preferred
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website