In Room Dining Server (Seasonal - Spring/Summer 2020)
Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. As an In Room Dining Server providing warm service, efficiency and knowledge of our menu offerings, you will ensure the timeliness and enjoyment of every memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
- Provide timely, personalized, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our discerning guests in their guestroom or any another area of the hotel as directed.
- To meet the In Room Dining Standards of Service
- Ensure that overall cleanliness and maintenance of our restaurant exceeds expectations.
- To contribute to the improvement of the operation of the department by contributing ideas, making suggestions and actively participate in departmental communication meetings.
- Assist colleagues in daily tasks as required.
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the Manager On Duty (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, operation of the room, physical surroundings or plant).
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as required (Communication meetings, Committee meetings).
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Pacific Rim's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials and applying 5 Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Must have Food Safe Level I and BC Serving It Right Certificates.
- Must have experience on P.O.S. system (Squirrel, Micros).
- Must have previous food service experience.
- Must possess superior guest service skills be a strong team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational skills and be a strong team player.
- A Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism is an asset.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous food & beverage experience in a 4 – diamond hotel would be an asset.
- A Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality or Tourism an asset.
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website