Guest Services Manager
Showcase your leadership and interpersonal strengths as Guest Services Manager, where you will foster an engaged team, maximize operations and ensure exceptional guest service. The Guest Services Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Guest Services Department including Bell Services, Door Service and Valet Parking. Oversees a staff of 50 + colleagues and leaders who service over 500,000 guests per year.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the city's world-famous theatre district, vibrant nightlife and Toronto's best shopping and dining. Ninety years after opening its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to be the epicenter of the essential Toronto experience and embodies the true meaning of hospitality. With a grand-scale transformation complete the evolution of the hotel's storied history invites a new generation of visitors and guests to discover this next chapter. With over 1300 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet of meeting and conference space, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing a promising future as Toronto's leading luxury hotel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Guest Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promoting and participation in CES, Voice of Guest (VOG), Health and Safety, and Guest Service initiatives
- Participating in scheduling, supervising and training of all Guest Services staff including performance evaluations and development reviews
- Ensure service standards are met and exceeded while actively seeking feedback and follow up on Guest comments
- Overseeing the Group and Conventions from a Guest Services perspective from the pre-convention to post-convention stage
- Acting as liaison with key departments (Front Office, Conference Services, Housekeeping, to ensure a seamless arrival and departure process)
- Assisting the Director with interviewing and recruiting of new team members
- Liaise with VIP parties and special attention guests
- Developing and implementing new systems and standards
- Organizes and facilitates monthly meetings
- Promotes health and safety audits for new and existing staff
- Key contact for business relationships such as parking companies, transportation operators and other affiliated agencies and their representatives.
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and deals with challenges in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of employee participation.
- Selects, trains, manages the performance of staff to ensure Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Standards and Mission Statement objectives are maintained at all times
- Ensures awareness of all hotel activities and services and oversees the lobby area for cleanliness, maintenance, security and functionality.
- Minimum of three years in Rooms Managerial experience, previous guest service experience an asset
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties
- Extended working knowledge of Fidelio/Opera, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office.Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skill
- Must be a strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills
- Passion for service excellence and the ability to inspire employees to perform at a high level of guest expectation
- Post-Secondary School Education with Diploma in Hotel Management an asset
- Second or third language an asset
- Professional manner, outgoing personality, and ability to work on own initiative
- Clean driving license required. Must be able to drive Manual
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website