General Manager - OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As General Manager, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, your leadership and passion for guest service will drive outstanding operating results – and ensure your Outlet is both a preferred dining destination and workplace.
Join our highly talented team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and cuisine. Located on the cornerstone of Copley Square in the Fairmont Copley Plaza, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen offers a vibrant, social atmosphere in a setting that evokes the youthful energy of Boston while marrying the historic with the new.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the OAK Long Bar + Kitchen team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assist in the recruitment and training of all OAK Long Bar + Kitchen colleagues
- Produce and implement creative promotional programs within OAK Long Bar + Kitchen with the goal of increasing revenues
- Work closely with the Culinary team to execute the delivery of all OAK Long Bar + Kitchen promotions and menus; creating a destination of choice for both hotel and external Guests
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Ensure the Food & Beverage department achieves its financial and operational targets
- Adhere to the annual budget and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Monitor food, beverage, labor and operating expenses throughout OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
- Monitor all guest service standards, constantly seeking ways to improve product and service as well as increase volumes and profits
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous point of sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website