Director, Finance At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Apply your leadership and analytical strengths as Financial Controller, where your high standards for accuracy and thoroughness will inspire the same among your team.
Hotel Overview: Be a part of the historic castle on the park, The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed hotel, a timeless landmark capturing memories since 1907. Located in the heart of midtown, The Plaza now features 282 luxury hotel rooms and suites, the elegant Champagne Bar and stylish Rose Club, as well as the legendary Palm Court, New York City's premier destination for afternoon tea. The Plaza offers the Five Diamond standard of excellence and sophistication while offering an authentically local and unrivalled experience for our guest.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the Accounting department and ensure all standards are followed
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reports
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure accurate and efficient monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Continuously manage and support budget and forecast activities and assist Departmental Leaders as required
- Oversee the financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website