Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children's program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Perform facials, makeup, manicures, pedicures, waxing and hair styling services in a safe and professional manner to all guests and ensuring guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Performs aesthetic services using safe and professional techniques in a comfortable and hygienic manner.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Answer all questions related to services performed and products used.
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each service.
- Courteously interact and answer all facility related questions with guests.
- Ensure current trends in aesthetic industry are reviewed.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Booking reservations and suggestive selling to fit each guest individual needs.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa manager.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including locations, services offered and pricing.
- Tour potential guests as required.
- Ensure refreshments are offered and set up in a presentable fashion.
- Meet with product vendors as required.
- Maintain an ample inventory of all products necessary to perform all services.
- Implements must be sterilized after each guest.
- Clean and sanitize work area and tools after each service has been performed.
- Maintain supplies needed at station.
- Unpack and neatly store items needed in a organized way.
- In addition to performing all services, explain home care cards and make recommendations on retail products that would apply to each individual guest.
- Consistently follow all standards set out by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
SUPPORTIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the salon.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all departments in the salon and hotel.
- Follow all standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Maintain accurate records as required by the hotel and government regulations.
- Hawaii State Beauty Operator License
- Previous experience as a Cosmetologists preferred
- Certification from an accredited school required
- All professional licenses are to be current
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, bending and reaching throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We're so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We're creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com
Fairmont Orchid Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply on company website