Assistant Director, Talent & CultureAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we offer our Colleagues and Leaders exciting career paths and engaging work environments in hotels of unrivalled presence. Showcase your interpersonal and team-building strengths as Assistant Director, Talent & Culture– and be an ambassador for the extraordinary career opportunities and service culture at your hotel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Regional Director, Talent & Culture, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and oversee the day to day operation of the Talent & Culture Department as well as play a critical role in assisting in the implementation of the talent & culture strategy
- Assist in assessing organizational needs, developing aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and Colleague wellness
- Promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun
- Assist Departmental Leaders and Senior Managers with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in colleague feedback
- Assist with and support staff events
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Advises Safety Committee Chairperson on committee membership, meeting times and follow up activities, coordinates administrative aspect of committee as needed.
- Ensures timely and appropriate follow up of Hotel workers compensation responsibilities
- Manages benefits administration for union and nonunion colleagues. Administers enrollments, changes and terminations of insurance.
- Administers COBRA and HIPPA notifications.
- Administers Short and Long term disability program
- Verifies and authorizes payment of insurance premiums.
- Monitors employee cafeteria for menu variety, food, quality, and cleanliness.
- Follow all safety policies
Represents the Hotel and Fairmont as needed at Local, Regional, and Corporate job fairs and recruitment related events as directed.
Assists with and/ or conducts investigations related to Grievances, MCAD/ EEOC charges and other forms of employee related litigation
- Is courteous, professional, and pleasant in all interactions with hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous human resources leadership experience required
- Labor relations experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website